Wednesday, October 22, 2014

This Chair Right Here

Is my favorite project.

And I know you aren't supposed to have favorites, but I do, and this is one of them ...

It's a papasan that I got a yard sale for FOUR DOLLARS.

That's right kids. Four dollars. Buying one in the store now would set you back at least $250. And while I did spend more than I may have wanted to on getting it back in shape, the investment was well worth it.

This is what it looked like when I purchased it from an older gentleman who just wanted it out of his way.


Yeah, so not my style. I asked my mother for her thoughts on it and she followed the "some things should be left classic" route. It's one of the few times I disagreed with her.

So after some soul searching I decided to go for mint green with a white cushion. I have been so into mint and ice green lately. Not really sure why though.

So for this project I went a different route and decided on the spray primer. This was way above my hand painting skill set. So after a few light coats of primer and Valspar spray paint I ended up with this little beauty.


I have to say I'm kind of in love with how it turned out. I'm going to have to update it with some daylight pictures as I am just not feeling the view right now. 

I need some photography lessons!

I hope you love it as much as I do!

Love,
The Budget Home Blogger


No comments:

Post a Comment