Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Basment Playroom

The playroom is underway and I can really see now that this is going to be a LONG process. While we want this to be one of the three spaces we use for our projects (upstairs - office, basement - craft room, garage - workshop), we don't want to spend tons of money on our playroom/craft area. Honestly, I don't even know what to do with this space yet. I keep hoping that once the walls are up and we finish our DIY sticky tile floor project that I'll have more vision.

So here is where we are now. This is a before pic of the basement. That silver paper stuff was supposed to protect the house or something if there was a fire. I'm glad we never had to test that theory!

Here is the after, We only paid to have the drywall guy come and put up the walls. We say that one day we will paint it ourselves.

In the corner you can see where we started to put down (gasp!) peel and stick tiles. Now I know some people hate this stuff and laugh at it, but it was a mere fraction of any other option and we can change it out in the future if needed. It looks awesome (well the part we have done so far) and we know that we are going to put down a huge shag rug there anyway to make a fun safe place for our little one to play.


Here is where our real issue lies. That cement block is dangerous! Hi! There is my foot!

It sticks out almost two inches away from the wall and I'm terrified our little one is going to bump her head on it. I've considered options from covering it with a border to putting shelves in front of it, but I just haven't had the time/energy/finances to devote to a solution since we haven't started to use the space yet. I'll figure out something though as soon as we finish the floors.

More to come on that marriage testing project soon!

Love,
The Budget Home Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment